Set up your account for card payments
You can easily collect payments from your members with Fabman – either individually or for all due invoices at once. But before you can collect money, you’ll need to set up your account for payments.
First make sure that you’ve enabled "Billing & invoices" for your account:
- Select "Configure" and then "Your account" from the main menu. Then click "Edit" to edit your account settings.
- Make sure that the option "Billing & invoices" is checked.
- Click on "Save changes"
Next, you’ll have to connect your space to a Stripe account:
- Click on "Configure" and then "Your space" to see your space settings.
- Scroll down to the "Billing & invoices" section and click on "Edit" next to it.
- Click the blue "Connect with Stripe" button and follow the instructions.
- If you already have a Stripe account, sign in with you Stripe username and password and confirm that you want to connect your account to Fabman.
- If you don’t have a Stripe account, you can create one and connect it to Fabman in one go.
- Enter your contact information so members can reach you in case of questions or problems.
- While you’re in your billing settings, make sure that you’ve configured your taxes, due dates, invoice numbers, and billing information correctly.
- Optional: Add payment methods to you members or invite them to the member portal so they can manage their payment methods themselves.
Once you've set up your account, you can start getting paid.