Connect your equipment to Fabman
You can manage almost any equipment with Fabman. All you need is a Fabman Bridge.
- First make sure that the bridge is powered on and connected to your local WiFi.
- The bridge should display a pairing code.
- Sign in to your Fabman account: https://fabman.io/login
- Click on "Configure" and then "Equipment" in the main menu.
- Is the equipment you'd like to connect already listed?
- Yes, it's already listed: Click on the equipment name in the list and then on "Connect a bridge".
- No, its brand new equipment:
- Click on "Add equipment" and select a category, eg. "laser cutter".
- Enter a name for the equipment, scroll to the bottom and click "Save" (you can configure all other settings later).
- You should see the "Connect a bridge" form.
- Enter the pairing code that's shown on the bridge display and press "Assign". The code is only valid for a short period and changes every few minutes.
- You'll see the bridge settings form.
- Configure the bridge to your liking and press "Save changes". Plug the power cord of your equipment into the bridge's power socket.