Set up the WiFi on a new bridge
Follow these steps to connect a bridge to your local WiFi and :
- Power on the bridge, if it's not already powered on.
- Do you see the setup screen?
- Yes, it shows the setup screen: proceed with step 3.
- No, it shows something else: you'll need to start the WiFi setup first.
- Use a smartphone or computer to connect to the setup WiFi – not your own WiFi. The name of the setup WiFi ("Fabman-…" plus four digits or letters) and the 8-digit WiFi password are shown on the Bridge display.
- Once you're connected to the setup WiFi, most devices will automatically open a browser window and load the Bridge setup form.
- If this does not happen on your device: open a new browser window and go to the website URL shown on the display, eg., http://192.168.1.1. You should see the setup form there.
- Type the name and password of your WiFi – not the setup WiFi – into the form and press "Connect"
- The bridge will try to connect to your WiFi.
Once setup is complete, the bridge will begin pairing and display a pairing code. Use this code to assign the bridge to your equipment.