Basic vs. integrated equipment
What’s the difference between basic and integrated equipment?
- Any machine, meeting room, or desk you add to Fabman is initially basic equipment, which is always free.
- If you connect a bridge to a piece of equipment (or create a bridge API key for the equipment), it is counted as integrated equipment towards your next monthly fee. See pricing for details.
- If you remove the bridge (or the API key), the equipment is again counted as basic equipment and we’ll no longer charge you for it.
With basic equipment you can…
- …mange bookings by members and staff.
- …charge members for their bookings.
- …use packages to control who can book it and when: 24/7, during opening hours, etc.
- …use training courses to keep track of who’s qualified to use it.
With integrated equipment you can…
- …prevent unauthorized operation: Only qualified members can start integrated equipment.
- …keep track of equipment usage: Who used the CNC mill this week? For how long was the laser cutter busy?
- …charge members based on their machine usage.
- …prevent people from leaving dangerous equipment unattended by enabling the integrated dead man control system.
- …connect safety cabins, safety mats or exhaust filters to the Fabman bridges to ensure safe operation.
- …control electric door locks to restrict access to your space or allow 24/7 operation.