Replace a bridge
If you want to replace an equipment’s bridge – because of a defect or if you want to swap things around – follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Fabman account: https://fabman.io/login
- Click on "Configure" and then "Equipment" in the main menu.
- Click on the equipment whose bridge you want to replace.
- The equipment's detail page will be displayed.
- Locate the "Bridge" section and click "Edit" right next to it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form and click on "Remove bridge".
- Confirm that you want to remove the bridge. Don’t worry, all your bridge settings for this equipment will be saved for later.
- Power on the replacement bridge and make sure that it’s connected to your local WiFi and displaying a pairing code.
- On the equipment page, click on "Connect a bridge".
- Enter the pairing code that's shown on the bridge display and press "Assign". The code is only valid for a short period and changes every few minutes.
- Confirm that all your previous bridge settings are still valid and click on "Save changes".