Change a member’s role and privileges
Fabman distinguishes between three kinds of members:
- Normal member
- Can only book or use equipment if they have a package that grants them access.
- If your equipment requires training, they must have a matching training course to turn it on.
- Can be invited to create a user for the member portal.
- Can use any equipment without a package or training.
- Can edit members, equipment and packages.
- Can configure your space: rename it, change opening hours and add holidays.
- Can turn on equipment while it's not connected to the internet.
- Can add and remove other administrators.
- Account owner
- Has full control over your account.
- Can add and remove other account owners.
If you make someone an administrator or owner, they are automatically invited to create a password so they can sign in to your admin website.
Here’s how you can change a member’s role:
- Go to the member’s detail page and click on edit:
- Click on "Change" next to their current role:
- Select their new role and click on "Save changes".