Install Fabman Power Monitor
The installation may only be done by qualified electricians!
Follow these steps to install the Power Monitor extension board:
- Unplug the Fabman-Bridge from the electrical outlet and disconnect all other cables (e.g. connections to the controlled machine) before you start with the hardware installation.
- Open the enclosure of the Fabman Bridge carefully (T9 screwdriver needed).
- Remove the factory-fitted wire jumper across the terminals “Relais 1 – S” (6th from left) and “L” (7th from left) and install the extension board and the cabling according to the following schematics (marked red):
- Close the enclosure before you reconnect the Fabman Bridge.
- Switch on the Equipment by swiping your member card of an Admin or Account owner.
- In the top right corner of the Fabman Bridge's display you can now see the power consumption of the connected equipment in real time. It is displayed as a value between 0% and 100% whereas 100% corresponds to approx. 800 VA. For power consumption greater than 800 VA it also shows 100%.
- Now observe the power consumption value on the display in idle and busy state of the equipment and determine a proper threshold value.
Example: Our desktop 3D printer has in idle state a power consumption of 1%. When it prints, the value fluctuates between 4% and 6%. So 3% would be a proper threshold value to reliably distinguish between busy and idle state.
- Set the threshold
- Sign in to your Fabman account as Admin or Account owner.
- Click on the "Configure/Equipment".
- Click on the equipment name in the list and then on "edit" in the "Bridge"-box.
- Set the power consumption threshold as shown below and save the new bridge setting.